Contact UsBoatshed Lorient
About Boatshed Lorient
Lorient and South Brittany
The Lorient harbour is ideally located in the center of South Brittany, which is an incredible playground sailing. We are based only a few miles from Groix, 10 miles from the port of Guidel at the mouth of the Laita.
Within a 20 mile sail you have the rivers Belon and Aven, which you can go up 20 miles to Pont-Aven. The Glénan isles and Concarneau, Belle-Ile or Quiberon are all within a 20 mile range. Within 25 - 30 miles sailing are the islands Houat and Hoedic and the Gulf of Morbihan. If you fancy sailing a little further towardsBy pushing a little more, you will reach Noirmoutier and the island of Yeu in the East, Sein, Molène, Ushant to the West.
- 775,000 registered boat buyers
- 280,000 unique visitors per month
- 20,000 Boats sold so far
- 1000+ boats sold per year
- 60+ Boatshed branches world-wide
- Sell your boat twice as fast
Buying a boat with Boatshed
When you are buying a boat, you want to feel comfortable about every stage of the boat sales process and in complete control. The Boatshed broker will advise and hand hold you through every stage. Before you travel to view a boat, check out all pictures and video of every boat for sale on Boatshed.com. Our brokers take all their own pictures and video, so you can see the up to date information and full inventory of each boat.
- Before you travel: view up to 100 photos, video and a detailed spec for each boat.
- Every boat has been visited and photographed by us personally, so we can talk in detail about the boat you are interested in.
- We also can offer advice on any negotiation, will always accompany you on a viewing when you want to physically see the boat, plus as boaters ourselves, add help and practical advice on boat ownership.
- If you make an offer we always communicate all offers to the owner and negotiate if required.
- Once your offer is accepted, a 10% deposit secures the boat for further inspection by a qualified surveyor.
- This deposit is kept in a secure client account and the boat is now placed “Under Offer”, preventing further bids until you decided to complete the purchase.
- At Boatshed we recommend you have a survey and when the deposit clears, the survey can be arranged.
- You choose a surveyor and cover any costs associated with your survey.
- If the survey goes well and you proceed to purchase, the balance of monies are due via the Client Account prior to ownership transfer.
- Should the survey not go well and you choose to withdraw your offer for the boat, then your deposit is refunded.
- We handle all negotiation between parties, paper work, title & brokerage issues.
- We hand over the boat documents and the boat is now sold.